String beans are often guest on my table, I like it a lot! Usually I eat it like side dish but with some other ingredients can also be served like salad.
800 grams of wax beans and green beans
100 grams of small tomatoes (which you like)
3 scallions of olive oil
half of lemon
15 g of pine nuts
1. Separate the green beans from the beans. Clean the bean. Cut off the tips. Heat two pots of water with salt. For 400g of beans you need about 2 liters of water and 2 teaspoons of salt and one of sugar. When the water is boiling put the beans to it (sepatate green and wax).
2. Green beans cook longer than wax. Yellow between 4 and 12 minutes, green for about 10 – 15 minutes. . Check from time to time one bean with a fork if is already good. Should be al’dente, means half hard.
3. When the beans are ready, pour water with them through a sieve, drain and cool with cold water. Put on the plate.
4. Mix both colors of beans.
5. Clean the tomatoes and cut them in half.
6. The pine nuts roast in a frying pan on a smallheat untill brownish color.
7. When the beans cool add tomatoes and pine nuts, add the olive oil, juice from lemon and salt.