1. Wash the cauliflower and divide into florets. Cut it in half or on three parts if more thick.
2. On the baking plate put baking paper, gently spreed it with a bit of olive oil. Put on the cauliflower, sprinkle it with salt, with the brush spreed the oil on the vegetable.
3. Bake it for 20-30 minutes at 200 C, check it regularly. Cauliflower must start to brown.
4. After taking out from the oven sprincke it with grated parmesan and finily cutted fresh parsley. You can add some pepper.
For two people:
400 g fresh carrots
60 g blue cheese
15g of pine nuts
1 tbsp of mustard
A hint of honey
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 spoonful of water
*whichever you like
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Put the baking paper an a backing plate.
2. Pill the carrot and cut into strips on thickness about 1.5 -2 cm. Put into the bowl, add pinch of salt and about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mixit with your hands.
3. Put the carrots on the baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes, until it will soften (but not very soft) and start to brown.
4. Mix together ingredients for the sauce, you can warm it up a bit.
5. Pine nuts fry in a dry pan, over low heat to obtain a golden-brown color.
6. Rucola put on a plate, up on rucola, on the middle put carrots, then spread grated cheese and pine nuts on a whole plate. At the end pour all with sauce.
Figs are available in markets from late spring till early autumn, so we still have a little time to enjoy this tasty fruit. Store them in a dry and cool place because they are spoiling quite quickly. Figs have a lot of vitamins and minerals. Its good to reach for it in case of cardiovascular and anemic problems, constipation, abdominal pain, bladder disease, kidney problems or menstrual pain. Properly prepared figs will help you in colds, fever, throat infections, runny nose, lung diseases.
This salad was improvisation, thats also why im not giving you exact the amount of ingredients I used. But it also depends of your taste how much of what would you like more and what less. I like this combination cause sweet figs and honey contrast very nicely with sharp taste of blue cheese and rucola. The dish it’s a nice snack or starter for special ocasion.
1. Figs wash and cut in half-shells.
2. Wash the rucola, cut the cheese in small cubes.
3. Slices of baguette spread with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake in the oven for a few minutes until they start getting golden-brown color.
4. 1 * Add the cheese and pistachios without shell, mix everything with olive oil, pour the figs with honey.
2 * Mix 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of of water, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp. mustard. Warm up the dressing. Add to the salad.
String beans are often guest on my table, I like it a lot! Usually I eat it like side dish but with some other ingredients can also be served like salad.
800 grams of wax beans and green beans
100 grams of small tomatoes (which you like)
3 scallions of olive oil
half of lemon
15 g of pine nuts
1. Separate the green beans from the beans. Clean the bean. Cut off the tips. Heat two pots of water with salt. For 400g of beans you need about 2 liters of water and 2 teaspoons of salt and one of sugar. When the water is boiling put the beans to it (sepatate green and wax).
2. Green beans cook longer than wax. Yellow between 4 and 12 minutes, green for about 10 – 15 minutes. . Check from time to time one bean with a fork if is already good. Should be al’dente, means half hard.
3. When the beans are ready, pour water with them through a sieve, drain and cool with cold water. Put on the plate.
4. Mix both colors of beans.
5. Clean the tomatoes and cut them in half.
6. The pine nuts roast in a frying pan on a smallheat untill brownish color.
7. When the beans cool add tomatoes and pine nuts, add the olive oil, juice from lemon and salt.
Baked potatoes I eat several times a week, sometimes as a snack, sometimes as a side dish. Potato spirals are nice alternative for serving the dish, or and idea for party-snack. I have to admit, that cutting potatos in spiral shape is not so easy. I was helping myself by watching the instructions on youtube and still my potatoes are not perfect. But I believe that practice will make me a master.
1. Pick small potatoes. Clean the potatoes well, cut off the ends on both sides.
2. Bamboo skewers brush with olive oil. Pierce potatoes with bamboo skewers.
3. Start cutting the potato from one side to another into a spiral shape. Cut them deep until the knife touch the skewer.
4. Loosen up the potato and kind of gently stretch then on all lenght of skewer.
5. Put them gently in a bowl and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of salt. Leave it for 15 minutes, then drain under cold water. Leave it on sieve to drain the water.
6. Using brush cover potatos with oil, salt, favorite spieces and herbs. I have used thyme and spicy paprika.
7. Bake them in 180 C for about 40 min.