Baked potatoes I eat several times a week, sometimes as a snack, sometimes as a side dish. Potato spirals are nice alternative for serving the dish, or and idea for party-snack. I have to admit, that cutting potatos in spiral shape is not so easy. I was helping myself by watching the instructions on youtube and still my potatoes are not perfect. But I believe that practice will make me a master.
1. Pick small potatoes. Clean the potatoes well, cut off the ends on both sides.
2. Bamboo skewers brush with olive oil. Pierce potatoes with bamboo skewers.
3. Start cutting the potato from one side to another into a spiral shape. Cut them deep until the knife touch the skewer.
4. Loosen up the potato and kind of gently stretch then on all lenght of skewer.
5. Put them gently in a bowl and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of salt. Leave it for 15 minutes, then drain under cold water. Leave it on sieve to drain the water.
6. Using brush cover potatos with oil, salt, favorite spieces and herbs. I have used thyme and spicy paprika.
7. Bake them in 180 C for about 40 min.