When American cuisine meets African cuisine in the vegetarian edition – veggie burgers with millet, beans and champinones, with spices in chakalaka style.
half a cup of millet
half a can of red beans
300 g champinones
half a cup of canned tomatoes (mashed)
3 garlic cloves
0.5 teaspoon curry
0.5 teaspoons turmeric
bunch of parsley
bread crumb (* gluten free)
1. Preheat a thick bottom pot, add to it millet and mix from time to time. Boil water in a separate pot. When the millet will release nutty smell pour into it of 1.5 cups of hot water.
2. Cook under cover, add a little butter (or oil). Cook on low heat for about 12 minutes. After this tme to add tomato sauce. Cook until millet will soak in tomato sauce and untill soften. If needed, add more water.
3. Champinones clean the chop into slices, peel the onion and cut into small pieces. Fry in olive oil together. After some time add also 2 cloves of garlic.
4. Strain beans and rinse under running, cold water.
5. Parsley cut into small pieces.
6. Mix mushrooms, beans, millet and parsley together. 1/3 of the mass leave, the remaining mass mash together adding one clove of garlic. Combine both parts again, add egg and spices. Mix thoroughly, if necessary, add bread crumbs.
7. Form burgers and roll them in the bread crumbs, fry in hot oil.